Who we are:
Lindsay Kenney LLP is one of Western Canada’s largest full service law firms with offices located in Vancouver and Langley. After 40 years in the business, our success continues to be fueled by the talent, ambition and expertise of our amazing team.
Why it is great to work at LK Law:
Lindsay Kenney LLP offers our team members a dynamic, collaborative and family-focused environment. In addition to a competitive base salary, we provide:
- A comprehensive benefits package – LK Law pays for 100% of the benefit premiums
- Annual Health Care Spending Account
- RRSP matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Amazing opportunities for personal growth and development
- A generous vacation allotment
- Personal days
- Fitness and wellness allowances
- On-site fitness centers
- A supportive, engaging, tight-knit culture
What you can expect:
We currently have an opening in our Langley office for a Senior Litigation LAA/Hybrid supporting a general litigation lawyer whose practices include contractual and tort litigation, corporate disputes, defamation cases, legal bill disputes, lawyer negligence, and white-collar criminal defence. This role requires an individual who is organized, proactive, effective at multi-tasking and detail oriented, with strong communication and people skills. Depending on experience and knowledge, the core responsibilities of the role will be, but not limited to:
- Opening and closing files
- Drafting correspondences, including but not limited to Notices of Application and Affidavits, Application Materials and Affidavits, and Subpoenas
- Acting as a liaison between client, lawyer and opposing counsel
- Regularly liaising with the handling lawyer as to file status, deadlines, and preparation for trial
- Requesting medical and employment records, as well as other document requests
- Electronic filing of documents
- Basic accounting (paying disbursements and invoicing)
- Organizing files, binders, client documents and other file related materials
- Managing time entry, expense reports, monthly billing and reporting to clients
- Managing trial deadlines and ensuring all deadlines are properly calendared and brought forward to the lawyer
- Organizing the calendar of the assigned lawyer(s), booking appointments, trials and discoveries
- Preparing List of Documents
- Other administrative tasks as required
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 8 years of experience as an LAA/paralegal in a busy general litigation practice, with trial preparation and witness scheduling/management experience.
- A Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate or Paralegal Certificate or Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Excellent word processing skills and an ability to transcribe dictation accurately and quickly.
- Excellent knowledge and command of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of the Supreme Court Civil Rules as they apply to procedural deadlines and steps in the trial process.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Please send your resume with “Senior Litigation LAA/Hybrid” in the subject line, along with a cover letter stating salary expectations to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest only those considered for an interview will be contacted.