We currently have an opening in our Vancouver office for a Senior Paralegal in our Family Law Department. This position is permanent full time and requires an individual who is organized, effective at multi-tasking, detail oriented, with strong communication and people skills. We are looking for someone that has developed their skill set over a number of years that can work independently but still in a team setting, supporting a busy group of family lawyers, led by a senior family lawyer in high demand. In addition to family law, this team also does inter alia estate litigation and employment litigation.
The family law group in Vancouver consists of four female lawyers, a senior and junior paralegal, and two legal administrative assistants. The team is supported by Office Services and Accounting personnel providing clients with a fully-serviced practice for related corporate or real estate issues.
- Drafting all pleadings including Notices of Family Claim, Counterclaims, Financial Statements, Notices of Application, Affidavits, Trial Briefs, Court orders, and other court documents related to family law proceedings
- Drafting Separation Agreements and Cohabitation / Marriage Agreements
- Drafting offer letters, Excel charts and mediation briefs
- Using Divorce Mate in complicated cases
- Managing the document discovery process and preparing lists of documents
- Reviewing, organizing and summarizing all case related documents
- Case law research
- Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, experts, court staff and others
- Scheduling and booking discoveries, trials, applications, and client appointments
- Minimum 7 years of experience in family law
- Paralegal certificate is not required but would be an asset
- Thorough understanding of the family law rules, statutes and law procedures
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- Ability to prioritize and handle high volume of work in a fast paced environment
- Strong proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and DivorceMate
- Ability to use CSO and BC Online
Please provide your résumé along with a cover letter stating salary expectations addressed to: Ms. Carmen Arndt CPA, CA, Managing Director
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Hear what our people have to say…