Legal Practice Areas:
Erin J. Easingwood is a Partner with Lindsay Kenney LLP with a comprehensive solicitor’s practice that includes Corporate and Commercial Law, Real Estate Law, Commercial Transactions, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Estate and Incapacity Planning and Administration. She divides her time between LK Law’s Langley and Vancouver offices and can often be found working with her clients in their own location. Erin has a keen interest in working with family enterprises and business families. She is designated as a certified Family Enterprise Advisor ™ with the Family Enterprise Xchange. Erin is also a member of the Canadian Association of Farm Advisors an organization dedicated to assisting farm families and businesses by increasing the skills and knowledge of farm advisors.
In her practice, Erin ensures the best possible understanding of each client’s needs by developing and nurturing solid relationships. In addition, she applies her knowledge as a certified Family Enterprise Advisor™ to ensure her clients receive advice specifically suited to their personal and business needs.
Erin addresses the interdependent relationships among many areas of the law, and the need to often see the ‘bigger picture’. She is also committed to finding the most pragmatic and efficient solution to any problem.
Erin earned her Bachelor of Arts with an Honours in Anthropology from the University of British Columbia (2002) before attending McGill University, where she earned a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Civil Laws (2005). A leader at McGill, she won many awards including the William Kagan Memorial Prize for Distinction in the Study of Real Estate.
Outside of law, Erin can be found providing service in the community, mountain biking, hiking, skiing, sailing, reading, travelling and spending time with her husband and two young children in the outdoors.
- Received designation as a certified Family Enterprise Advisor™ through UBC’s Sauder School of Business 2016
- William Kagan Memorial Prize for Distinction in the Study of Real Estate, McGill University
- Patricia Allen Participation Award for Substantially Enriching the Life of the Faculty, McGill University
- Director, Whistler Community Services Society, 2019 – present
- Director, Langley School District Foundation, 2016 – present
- Member, Township of Langley Social Sustainability Task Force, 2018 – present
- Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors, 2018 – present
- Director, Langley Chamber of Commerce, 2009 – 2011
- Director, Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life, Luminary Ceremony Chair, 2009 – 2011
- Executive Member, Fraser Valley Bar Association, 2008 – 2011
- Chair, Langley Spirit of BC Community Committee, 2007 – 2010
- Director, Township of Langley Heritage Commission, 2007 – 2010
Bar AdmissionsBritish Columbia, 2006
EducationSauder School of Business FAMILY ENTERPRISE ADVISOR™, 2015-2016 Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Civil Laws, McGill University, 2005 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Anthropology and Archaeology, University of British Columbia, 2002
Memberships and AffiliationsCanadian Bar Association Law Society of British Columbia Vancouver Bar Association Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce (2006-present)