Legal Practice Areas:
Jacob is an Associate in our Langley corporate commercial group. He joined Lindsay Kenney full time after completing both his summer and final articles with the firm.
During law school, Jacob’s keen interest in business law led him towards earning a business law certificate. Jacob served on the executive of Dalhousie University’s Sports and Entertainment Law Society and Jewish Law Students Association. He also participated in a pro bono project preparing wills and estate planning documents for members of the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Before entering the legal world, Jacob spent many summers as a counsellor and assistant director at a local Vancouver daycamp.
In his free time, Jacob enjoys nature photography, travelling, hiking and camping. He is an avid basketball player and fan, and is always up for a conversation about sports.
Jacob can assist clients with their business and real estate law needs.
- Acted on completion of a $17 million residential real estate transaction (2020)
- Acted for a car dealer on the sale of a local automotive dealership (2019/2020)
- Represented an international developer for the preparation of a disclosure statement and obtaining an individual exemption pursuant to the Real Estate Development Marketing Act (2019/2020)
- Represented a local developer for the preparation and filing of a disclosure statement pursuant to the Real Estate Development Marketing Act (2019)
- Worked with senior counsel on completion of a multi-million dollar share sale transaction (2018)
Bar AdmissionsBritish Columbia, 2018
EducationJuris Doctor, Dalhousie University, 2017 Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), University of Victoria, 2013
Hide and Go Seek: BC’s New Land Owner Transparency Registry 2020-10-13
Extensions Available for Real Estate Developers Seeking Building Permits and Financing Commitments 2020-04-22
Estate Planning Considerations in the time of COVID-19 2020-03-31
Make Your Mark: New Canadian Trademark Laws Coming June 2019 2019-02-04