Legal Practice Areas:
Jack La Van brought his extensive experience in banking, finance, debt restructuring, and real estate to Lindsay Kenney LLP in 2012. His practice includes insured and conventional commercial lending as well as construction lending transactions. Jack also acts for clients on various aspects of commercial law, real estate development and corporate reorganizations. Estate planning for individuals and business owners rounds out Jack’s practice and he has acted as legal counsel in the capacity of an executor for selected clients.
Jack graduated from the University of British Columbia Law School in 1971 and was called to the British Columbia Bar in 1972.
An avid swimmer, gardener, and cyclist, Jack enjoys his Japanese garden, four dogs, cars and the family cabin at Whistler Mountain.
- $213M CMHC insured construction loan Woodwards redevelopment site
- $107M CHHC insured construction loan to Pinnacle International (Ritz)
- $40M CMHC insured construction loans Delta lands, Waterfront and Georgia Hotel
- $20M CMHC insured loan to 1901 Properties
- $32M conventional loan Alderbridge Way property
- $42M CMHC insured loan to Hollyburn Properties
- $33M CMHC insured loan to Hollyburn Properties
- $46M CMHC insured loan to Highstreet Mission Flats
- $36M assumption of Selkirk care facility mortgage
- $31M assumption of Stanford care facility mortgage
- $28M conventional loan Still Creek Drive property
- Assumption of CMHC insured mortgage by Provincial Rental Housing Corporation
- Recent involvement with CMHC affordable housing flexibility loans
- $28M succession and estate planning including family trusts
Bar AdmissionsBritish Columbia, 1972
EducationBachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1971 Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 1967
Memberships and AffiliationsPast President Vancouver Executive Association Washington Athletic Club, Seattle