Legal Practice Areas:
Mark von Marksfeld lived in South Africa and Germany before moving to Vancouver. After graduating from the University of Western Ontario law school in 2002, Mark was called to the Bar of British Columbia and worked at a boutique business law firm before joining Lindsay Kenney LLP.
As a partner, Mark’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of banking and secured lending, commercial real estate, and mergers and acquisitions. In the area of banking and secured lending, Mark acts on behalf of several Canadian chartered banks and private lenders by preparing loan and security documentation for construction lending, asset-based lending, lease financing, acquisition and merger financing, loan syndications and standard operating and term credit facilities, as well as providing advice on the application of statutes.
In the area of commercial real estate, Mark advises clients in all aspects of real estate transactions and activities including leasing transactions on behalf of both landlords and tenants, acquisitions and divestitures of commercial real property, and the creation and implementation of various real estate ownership structures.
Mark’s mergers and acquisitions practice includes acting for both purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of assets or shares, advising on various types of financing, advising on the formation and structuring of incorporations, partnerships, or joint ventures, and drafting and negotiating corporate and commercial contracts, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements.
In his spare time, Mark enjoys golfing, soccer, skiing, and tennis.
- Acted for a Toronto-based Financial Corporation providing a $68,000,000 construction facility for the development of a 170 unit townhouse complex in South Surrey, British Columbia
- Acted for a Toronto-based Financial Corporation providing a $42,000,000 construction facility for the development of a 48 unit townhouse complex in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Acted for a Toronto-based Financial Corporation providing a $55,000,000 loan secured by a commercial property in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Acted for a Toronto-based Real Estate Income Trust in the purchase of a $160,000,000 mixed-use complex in Burnaby, British Columbia.
- Acted for a Toronto-based Real Estate Income Trust in the purchased of a $25,000,000 residential apartment complex in North Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Acted for an international members-only warehouse club in the acquisition and redevelopment of various properties.
- Acted for a Vancouver-based client in the purchase of a $35,000,000 office building complex in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Acted for a Toronto-based Real Estate Income Trust in the $18,000,000 purchase of a residential apartment complex in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Acted for a New York-based client in the purchase of a $27,000,000 shopping centre in the Lower Mainland.
- Acted for a New York-based client in the sale of a $56,000,000 commercial building in Edmonton, Alberta.
Bar AdmissionsBritish Columbia, 2003
EducationBachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario, 2002 Bachelor of Arts (Political Science, History), University of Victoria, 1999
Memberships and AffiliationsLaw Society of British Columbia Vancouver Bar Association Canadian Bar Association Real Estate Institute of British Columbia Canadian German Chamber of Industry and Commerce Commercial Real Estate Development Association