Lindsay Kenney lawyers have years of experience advising clients on business succession planning and wealth preservation. Our lawyers include Trust and Estate Practitioners (TEP) and Family Enterprise Advisors™ (FEA).
Our lawyers assist individual clients, families, and family enterprises in matters involving succession planning, charitable planning and trusts, estate and family wealth planning, and planning for asset protection. We also work diligently with family enterprises transitioning through a management-led buyout or a sale to an outside party.
An LK Law lawyer can review all of the relevant variables and create appropriate plans to handle business succession, identify unfavourable tax consequences, and avoid potential disputes with respect to probate or challenges to wills and estates plans.
Our range of comprehensive planning services include:
- Business succession planning (including family businesses)
- Family enterprise advisory
- Corporate reorganizations (including estate freezes and holding companies)
- Shareholder agreements
- Testamentary trust planning (including spousal trusts and disability [Henson] trusts)
- Inter vivos trust planning, including the implementation of family trusts, alter ego trusts, and joint partner trusts
- Wealth preservation planning
- Probate fee planning
- Wills Variation Planning
We understand that business succession planning requires a collaborative approach. We will work closely with tax, insurance, and investment advisors to create a succession plan that achieves our clients’ intended result, in an efficient and cost effective manner.