Being an executor, administrator, or trustee is no small task, and comes with its fair share of legal risks and potential personal liability. Our experienced Probate, Trust and Estate Administration lawyers have extensive knowledge of the duties of your particular role and the legal steps required to fulfill them. We appreciate that this is probably not your day job – and as such, we always endeavour to provide practical legal advice and assistance with a view of efficient and cost-effective administration of the trust or estate.
We know that relationships matter. We make the effort to understand the intricacies of beneficiary dynamics to help you avoid or resolve disputes quickly. Where applicable, we will work cooperatively with your tax and other relevant advisors, so that you can implement the most prudent strategy possible.
Whether you need a lawyer to guide you every step of the way or only for one part of the process, we provide services in the following areas:
- Applications for probate of a Will
- Applications for administration, with or without Will annexed
- Applications involving a foreign grant, including applications for ancillary grant, with or without Will annexed, and applications for resealing
- General estate administration advice
- Assistance with estate distributions, including preparation and passing of estate accounts, and preparation of beneficiary consents and releases
- Assistance with sales of estate assets, such as real estate or a business
- General trust administration advice
- Assistance with trust distributions, including income or capital distributions, preparation and passing of trust accounts, and preparation of beneficiary consents and releases
- Trust wind-ups
- Trust deed amendments