We understand that estate planning can seem daunting, which is why we are committed to doing the heavy lifting for you. Our experienced Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning lawyers take the time to learn about your family and your finances, and how you would like to care for your loved ones in the event that you are no longer around.
Our range of comprehensive planning services include:
- Preparation of your Last Will and Testament
- Business succession planning (including extensive experience with family businesses)
- Estate freezes
- Testamentary trust planning, including testamentary trusts, spousal trusts, and disability (Henson) trusts
- Inter vivos trust planning, including the implementation of family trusts, alter ego trusts, and joint partner trusts
- Wealth preservation planning
- Probate fee planning
We assist a diverse spectrum of clients such as business owners, professionals, parents, young couples, retirees, and individuals with both local and foreign asset holdings. Some family situations are relatively straightforward, while others are complicated. In every case, we believe in clear explanations so that you feel empowered to make decisions that are right for you and your family.
Our lawyers are well-versed in all the various planning tools available and we tailor estate plans according to your unique needs and objectives. Since we also regularly advise executors and trustees, we are able to offer insightful and practical guidance at the planning stage. We take pride in helping to identify and navigate legal pitfalls, so that you can minimize the cost and burden of administering your estate, and avoid potential disputes that will tie up its distribution.
Where applicable, we will work collaboratively with your existing tax, investment, and insurance advisors, to ensure a well-rounded approach.