Erin J. Easingwood is an Associate Counsel with Lindsay Kenney LLP with a comprehensive solicitor’s practice that includes Estate and Incapacity Planning and Administration. Erin has a keen interest in working with family enterprises and business families. Erin has just returned from a sabbatical during which she lived and travelled with her family on a sailboat on the Pacific Coast of Mexico.
In her practice, Erin ensures the best possible understanding of each client’s needs by developing and nurturing solid relationships. In addition, she applies her knowledge and skill to ensure her clients receive advice specifically suited to their personal and business needs.
Erin addresses the interdependent relationships among many areas of the law, and the need to often see the ‘bigger picture’. She is also committed to finding the most pragmatic and efficient solution to any problem.
Erin earned her Bachelor of Arts with an Honours in Anthropology from the University of British Columbia (2002) before attending McGill University, where she earned a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Civil Laws (2005). A leader at McGill, she won many awards including the William Kagan Memorial Prize for Distinction in the Study of Real Estate.
Outside of law, Erin can be found providing service in the community, mountain biking, hiking, skiing, sailing, reading, travelling and spending time with her husband and two young children in the outdoors.
- Received designation as a certified Family Enterprise Advisor™ through UBC’s Sauder School of Business 2016
- William Kagan Memorial Prize for Distinction in the Study of Real Estate, McGill University
- Patricia Allen Participation Award for Substantially Enriching the Life of the Faculty, McGill University
- Member, The Edible Flower Social Enterprise Steering Committee, August 2023 – present
- Volunteer Support Worker, L’Arche Belfast, January-May 2023
- Director, Whistler Community Services Society, 2019 – 2021
- Director, Langley School District Foundation, 2016 – 2021
- Member, Township of Langley Social Sustainability Task Force, 2018 – 2021
- Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors, 2018 – 2021
- Director, Langley Chamber of Commerce, 2009 – 2011
- Director, Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life, Luminary Ceremony Chair, 2009 – 2011
- Executive Member, Fraser Valley Bar Association, 2008 – 2011
- Chair, Langley Spirit of BC Community Committee, 2007 – 2010
- Director, Township of Langley Heritage Commission, 2007 – 2010
British Columbia, 2006
Sauder School of Business FAMILY ENTERPRISE ADVISOR™, 2015-2016
Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Civil Laws, McGill University, 2005
Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Anthropology and Archaeology, University of British Columbia, 2002
Memberships and Affiliations
Canadian Bar Association
Law Society of British Columbia
Vancouver Bar Association
Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce (2006-present)
* Law Corporation