Reilly Pollard joined Lindsay Kenney LLP in 2018 and is a partner of the firm in our Vancouver office. He has a broad civil and commercial litigation practice, providing advice and representation to clients in all manner of civil disputes and particularly with matters that involve contracts, investments, partnerships, or real property. Reilly also has extensive experience in bankruptcy and insolvency matters, where he regularly acts for companies and individuals to recover assets, enforce security, or obtain relief from debts.
Reilly’s approach to dispute resolution is tailored to the circumstances of each client and case but it always includes practical advice regarding the costs and benefits of proceeding with litigation and the alternatives to court proceedings. Reilly is a skilled negotiator and he has experience with both mediation and arbitration. He regularly represents clients in hearings at the British Columbia Supreme Court, and has also appeared before the British Columbia Court of Appeal and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench.
Reilly’s interests outside of law include hiking, motorcycling, and film.
Presentations / Articles
- Bankruptcies down, unemployment up? The curious case of 2020 insolvency data (December 2020)
- Legal solutions to commercial insolvency during COVID-19 (August 2020)
- A Legal Bill Added to Your Business Loan: Must You Pay Your Bank’s Legal Fees in a Commercial Foreclosure? (October 2018)
- Canadian Law on Unwitting Investments in “Ponzi” Schemes in Question (June 2018)
- Buyers Beware of Judges: The Doctrine of Successor Liability, CLE Presentation (January 2018)
- New Real Estate Tax Leads to Collapsed Deals (August 2016)
- Protecting Security Deposits From Insolvency Risk: The Implications of Alignvest PDL v Surefire Industries (June 2015)
- Solicitor-client Privilege in the Bankruptcy Context, Presentation for the Insolvency Discussion Group (March 2014)
- Access Pro Bono, Volunteer
- Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, Member
- CHIMO Community Services, Outreach and Advocacy Program, volunteer (July 2018 to February 2020)
- Urban Native Youth Association, Mentorship Program, volunteer (2016 – March 2018)
British Columbia, 2013
Juris Doctor, University of Toronto, 2012
Bachelor of Arts (History), McGill University, 2008
Memberships and Affiliations
Insolvency Discussion Group
CBABC Insolvency Section
Vancouver Bar Association