Legal Practice Areas:
Reilly is an associate in the general litigation group in our Vancouver law office. He obtained a Bachelor of Arts from McGill University before attending the Faculty of Law at University of Toronto, where he graduated with a Juris Doctor in 2012. Prior to joining Lindsay Kenney LLP, Reilly articled and practiced at a leading regional firm.
Reilly provides advice and representation to clients in all manner of civil disputes with a particular focus on fraud, real property, and commercial transactions. He also has extensive experience in bankruptcy and insolvency where he regularly acts for companies and individuals to recover assets, enforce security, or obtain relief from debts.
With a practical and results-oriented focus, Reilly strives to obtain a negotiated resolution wherever possible. Nevertheless, when disputes go before the court, Reilly has the experience and skills necessary to achieve favourable results for his clients. He has appeared in the British Columbia Supreme Court, the British Columbia Court of Appeal, and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench.
Reilly’s interests outside of law include hiking, motorcycling, and film.
- Buyers Beware of Judges: The Doctrine of Successor Liability, CLE Presentation (January 2018)
- New Real Estate Tax Leads to Collapsed Deals (August 2016)
- Protecting Security Deposits From Insolvency Risk: The Implications of Alignvest PDL v Surefire Industries (June 2015)
- Solicitor-client Privilege in the Bankruptcy Context, Presentation for the Insolvency Discussion Group (March 2014)
- Access Pro Bono
- Insolvency Discussion Group
Bar AdmissionsBritish Columbia, 2013
EducationJuris Doctor, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, 2012 Bachelor of Arts, McGill University, 2008
Memberships and AffiliationsRoyal Vancouver Yacht Club Urban Native Youth Association, Mentorship Program