Who we are:
Lindsay Kenney LLP is one of Western Canada’s largest full service law firms with locations in downtown Vancouver and Langley. For over 40 years, our success has been fueled by the talent, ambition and expertise of our amazing team.
Why it is great to work at LK Law:
Lindsay Kenney LLP offers our team members a dynamic, collaborative and family-focused environment. In addition to a competitive base salary, we provide:
- A comprehensive benefits package – LK Law pays for 100% of the benefit premiums
- A competitive bonus structure
- Amazing opportunities for personal growth and development
- Client development and marketing budgets
- A generous vacation allotment
- Reserved parking
- Cell phone allowance
- Fitness and wellness allowances
- On-site fitness centers (although these are currently closed due to the pandemic)
- A supportive, engaging, tight-knit culture
- Remote working arrangements
What you can expect:
Our Business Law group is currently seeking a forward thinking and results-driven Associate to join the Vancouver team. The successful candidate will benefit from all of the firm’s resources including in-house marketing and a top-notch team of legal support professionals.
Some of the core responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist senior lawyers in all aspects of M&A related projects, including drafting and negotiation of purchase agreements and ancillary documentation, oversight of due diligence activities, coordination with all internal stakeholders; and
- Conduct legal research, identify legal issues and risks, clearly formulate and recommend legal strategies and solutions, advise on a comprehensive range of corporate matters.
In addition to working on files directly with Partners and senior Associates who take an active role in mentoring and training lawyers, the Associate will be provided the opportunity to manage their own files and will be provided with the resources to develop their own practice.
- General corporate and commercial law experience, with a focus on private company law and mergers and acquisitions;
- Experience advising clients in structuring, interpretation, drafting and negotiating a variety of general corporate and commercial agreements, including but not limited to, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, partnership agreements, leases, operating agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, finance and security agreements;
- Excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Confident at engaging and interacting with clients;
- Exceptional work ethic, client service oriented and team player; and
- Attention to detail.
Please send your resume with “Business Law Associate” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.